Tuesday, October 26, 2010

An Open Letter to My #1

Today, a personal note to Star-Trac Elliptical Machine #1:

Hey, Star-Trac Elliptical Machine #1. Yeah, you. The first Star-Trac Elliptical Machine from the left side, in the second row of the cardio area in the campus rec center, cowering behind the God-Forsaken Exercise Bikes. Lookin' all fancy with your bright red LED display and your twin handlebar heart rate monitors. You know who you are.

You won't hear any apologies from me. Sure, what I did this morning might be considered cruel, but you had it coming. In fact, you wanted it that way. You just haven't admitted it to yourself yet.

It was wrong of me to treat you so badly, Star-Trac Elliptical Machine #1 - taking what I wanted, burning 600 calories in about 40 minutes, and then just getting up and walking out the door. But it was so, so right.

'Cause I own you, Star-Trac Elliptical Machine #1. Yeah, you thought you belonged to the campus rec center, with all their "serial numbers" and "purchasing records" and "receipts". But deep down you know - you're mine. And I'll keep using you as long as it suits me. And it suits me just fine right now.

This ain't my first time at the rodeo. I know you'll be out there, mixing it up while I'm gone. You'll see a few other guys, but mostly you like the girls. No matter what you end up trying, you'll never be able to quit me.

So hang in there, Star-Trac Elliptical Machine #1. I'll be back sometime. I have to, 'cause no other Star-Trac Elliptical Machine gives me the same great view of ESPN SportsCenter. Oh, I'll be back - trust me. Not that you have much choice. Ha! Haha!

TUESDAY 10/25/10 DIET LOG
6:30 a.m. 1 cup orange juice, 1 Fiber Plus Bar
9:30 a.m. 2 boiled eggs, 4 strips bacon, 1 slice homemade sourdough bread w/one tablespoon Smart Balance Light
12:30 p.m. 4 oz. grilled chicken, 1 cup stuffing
6:00 p.m. small salad with 1 tablespoon light raspberry vinaigrette, some kind of homemade pizza crescent roll (3 slices - probably around 10 oz. total)

TUESDAY 10/25/10 WORKOUT
Equipment: Star-Trac Elliptical Machine... #1 in case you forgot
Intensity (1 to 7): 6
Length: 42 minutes
Calories Burned: 600

1 comment:

  1. LOL. ;) This is a great entry. I genuinely LOVE reading your writing. And that's definitely not a compliment I throw around. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete